New here? Register. ×
Menu

Tips to lose weight part 3

no comments
  • FEATURED-IMAGES-Weight-part3
24Oct

Tips to lose weight part 3

29 – Check your mood.
The desire to snack may not be due to hunger at all, but rather the result of loneliness, depression, or anxiety.

30 – Shop for one.
If you have to buy cookies, chips, or other processed junk foods, buy the single-serving package—rather than the large, family-style bag. That way, when you eat the whole package—and let’s be honest, you know you will—you’ll at last have done a lot less damage to your waistline.

31 – Find inspiration. 
Take a digital picture of yourself, shirtless, in all your fat, naked splendor. Then use a photo-editing program on your computer to erase your love handles and create your own digital “after” shot .Post the pictures somewhere you’ll see them often, like on the fridge or in your office at work.

32 – Go the distance. 
Perform intervals for a designated distance rather than a designated time. Otherwise, you’ll be running shorter sprints as you get tired, reducing the number of calories you burn,

33 – Cheat once a week.
Use the meal as a reward for a week’s worth of hard work, or the completion of a project you’ve been dreading.  If you follow a healthy diet 95% of the time, you can relax and enjoy yourself the other 5% of the time without gaining weight.

34 – Avoid white bread.
When researchers at Tufts University  studied the waistlines and diets of 459 people, they found that even in men of similar age and activity level, those who ate white bread frequently weighed more than those who didn’t. “The calories from white bread and refined grains just seem to settle at the waistline more than calories from other foods

35 – Never forbid yourself a favorite food.
When a group of U.K. researchers told 30 women to avoid chocolate, then packed them into a room filled with the stuff, the women were much more likely to sneak a bite than individuals who hadn’t been given the order. Blame the allure of the forbidden: The more you tell yourself you can’t eat something you love, the more you’re going to want it.

36 – Sneak extra activity into your day. 
Pace around your office while talking on the phone; run into the bank to cash your check instead of using the drive-thru. When researchers at the Mayo Clinic fed a group of volunteers an extra 1,000 calories a day over the course of eight weeks, they found sedentary individuals gained eight times more weight than those who fidgeted a lot during the day.

37 – Turn off The Late Show.
When researchers at the University of Chicago studied men who were sleep-deprived, they found that after just a few days, their bodies had a much harder time processing glucose in the blood—a problem common in overweight diabetics. When the individuals returned to a more normal seven to eight hours of sleep a night, however, their metabolisms returned to normal.

38 – Don’t starve yourself.
“Under normal conditions, humans absorb only about 80% of the nutrients from the food they eat.But, when the body is deprived of nourishment, it becomes a super-efficient machine, pulling what nutrients it can from whatever food is consumed. Start eating again normally and your body may not catch up; instead it will continue to store food as fat.

39 – Eat more slowly.
“It can take 12 minutes or longer for the signal that you’ve started to eat to make its way to your brain,” Sip some water between every bite of food you eat, or at least eat more meals with friends or family members. You’ll be more likely to talk and therefore to eat more slowly.

40 – Floss twice a day.
When researchers in Brazil studied 13,000 people over a three-year period, they found that men with the highest levels of inflammatory agents in their body were also the most likely to gain weight. And periodontal disease, which is caused by poor oral health care, is one of the most common sources of inflammation. Brushing twice a day, flossing, and making regular trips to the dentist are the best ways to prevent the disease.

START NOW! Keep Practicing

Author – Omar Patel  

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest Updates

open all posts

Latest Updates

Latest Updates

Have a story to tell?

Send Us Your Ideas & Suggestions

To use CAPTCHA, you need Really Simple CAPTCHA plugin installed.

Privacy is guaranteed
MSM Party - Be the Change that You want to See